It was a Thing on TV FAQ
February 26, 2020
- You give a submission number each week. What is that?
- Greg, Chico, and Mike number each show idea, which then goes to a master list and if we like it enough, it goes onto the schedule. Those are not arbitrary numbers. If we say a submission number is 450, for example, there really are 449 other topics which preceded it.
- Do you accept submissions?
- Absolutely! We have compiled over 1100 topics, and are always coming up with new ones. Let us know if there is something you would like covered. Maybe you have an idea for a show that we haven't come up with yet.
- Who are you guys?
- We're just three friends who enjoy television. Mike is in Ohio, Chico is in North Carolina, and Greg is in New York.
- When is your show released?
- We aim to get shows published for release every Monday morning and Thursday morning.
- Besides your site, where can I find this podcast?
- We are available on Google Play, iTunes/Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, Pandora, and through Podbean's app. We are also part of the Place2Be Nation network. If we should be any place else, let us know!
- What's with the roaring and saying a show's name?
- It's Greg's special tribute to Manimal's opening. It has become a running joke in our recording sessions.
- What is the deal with Ed Begley Jr.'s TARDIS that runs on vegetable oil?
- It's an eco-friendly alternative to the TARDIS on Doctor Who. Ed Begley Jr. is all about ecology and saving the world. The way he travels through time is through a TARDIS which runs on vegetable oil. The normal TARDIS is a gas guzzler.
- Can I be on the show?
- We really try to limit the number of guests we have on the show. Certain guests we have on the show have a super-fan level of expertise or had direct experience with that show, in some capacity. It is also difficult trying to align the availability of four different people.
- How can I contact the show?
- We can be reached by e-mail at contact(at)itwasathingontv.com Just replace the (at) with the appropriate symbol. We're also all over social media: Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, and Twitter. We'd love to hear from you.